|FRESH MEAT GROUP
PRESIDENT & COO
Timothy O. Schellpeper
|PACKAGED FOOD GROUP
PRESIDENT & COO
Michael E. Brown
|FISCAL 2013 SALES
1 Reflects intercompany sales. Based on the combined fiscal 2013 sales of former independent operating companies Smithfield Packing Company and Farmland Foods.
Smithfield-Farmland was created in 2013 through the combination of Smithfield Packing Company and Farmland Foods. Through its Fresh Meat and Packaged Food groups, Smithfield-Farmland provides a broad selection of products for retail, foodservice, and deli customers. Primary product lines include fresh pork, bacon, cooked hams, lunchmeat, sausages, and hot dogs. In addition to the Smithfield and Farmland brands, its Gwaltney, Cook’s, Cumberland Gap, and Esskay products are among the leaders in their respective markets. Smithfield-Farmland has a large and growing international business, exporting products to more than 40 countries across six continents.
Smithfield, Farmland, Gwaltney, Cook’s
Cumberland Gap, Ember Farms, Esskay, Stefano Foods
Cumming, GA; Carroll, IA; Denison, IA; Monmouth, IL; Wichita, KS; Grayson, KY; Middlesboro, KY; Kansas City, MO; Milan, MO; Burgaw, NC; Charlotte, NC; Clinton, NC; Kinston, NC; Tar Heel, NC; Wilson, NC; Crete, NE; Lincoln, NE; Arnold, PA; Salt Lake City, UT; Smithfield, VA
- Reduced normalized waste by 18 percent and greenhouse gas emissions by 11 percent since fiscal 2008.
- Saved an estimated 4.6 billion gallons of water since 1997 through our water reuse system in Tar Heel, North Carolina.
- Won the Smithfield Foods President’s Award for safety and, for the second year in a row, received the Organizational Excellence Award for Health and Safety Management.
- Launched a “better-for-you” line of breakfast meats made from an ultra-lean blend of pork and turkey.
- Raised $50,000 for Harvesters Food Bank in the Kansas City area through our “Bacon a Difference” campaign in participation with Richard Petty Motorsports.
- Saw the first class of students graduate from high school through the Learners to Leaders® program we sponsor in Denison, Iowa. Eight students received full-tuition scholarships to Iowa State University.
- Surpassed our commitment to provide 20 million servings of protein over three years in partnership with the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union.
- Donated more than 1 million servings of protein to people affected by Hurricane Sandy in October 2012.